O.C. McDonald is Open and Fully Staffed In Order to Help You During COVID-19, and are allowed to act on behalf of “Essential Services” described in the order by law enforcement in communities everywhere.
During this time of “Shelter In Place”, we are currently responding to commercial and residential heating, cooling and plumbing service calls. Rest assured that we are committed to staying fully operational in the Bay Area, San Jose, Santa Clara, and surrounding communities throughout this crisis.
Please call us for all of your needs (408) 295-2182 24 hours a day!
The administrative team of O.C. McDonald are continuously staying informed regarding health conditions using the guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The safety of our employees, vendors, and clients is our top priority.
- Increasing and enhancing cleaning of high-touch areas such as vehicles, restrooms, light switches, door handles, etc.
- Minimizing the number and frequency of face-to-face meetings with larger groups in areas with active coronavirus transmission.
- Requiring virtual meetings whenever possible.
- Eliminating large meetings all together or those requiring international travel to business essential to reduce the risk of travelers being subject to unexpected quarantine as travel restrictions change.
- Utilizing face masks and other safety items that might be helpful to staff in protecting themselves in areas where masks are recommended or required by government authorities.
In the event that an employee tests positive for coronavirus, we will respond quickly in coordination with public health departments.
Virtual Work / Telecommuting Where Possible
O.C. McDonald determined that immediate action must be taken and implement regarding in-person and virtual work no later than end of day March 20. In order to keep staff safe and to support the public health effort to fight the spread of COVID-19, administrators and management, in accordance with local/national government mandates, are determining if employees can effectively do their jobs from home via telecommuting. See below for projects and contracts that are considered essential.
O.C. McDonald, along with local and state governing agencies, determined that certain existing projects were considered essential. Therefore those projects and jobs will continue to be in operation. The utmost precautions are being followed to ensure employee, site visitors, vendors, contractors, and anyone who might come in contact with those job sites reduce or eliminate any potential spread of COVID-19.